ECV1850 Plaque:
South Pacific Coast Railroad


[ Photo of plaque with Clyde Arbuckle. ]

Historian Clyde Arbuckle
at dedication ceremony.


[ Photo of plaque closeup. ]


SOUTH PACIFIC
COAST RAILROAD
INCORPORATED MARCH 29, 1876, AND
FINANCED BY COMSTOCK LODE MONEY,
ITS NORTHERN TERMINUS WAS SAN
FRANCISCO FERRY BUILDING. PASSENGERS
WERE TRANSPORTED BY FERRY TO ALAMEDA,
WHERE THEY BOARDED THE CARS FOR
THEIR 77.6 MILE RAIL RIDE TO SANTA
CRUZ. IN 1886, BENJAMIN CAMPBELL GAVE
THIS STATION SITE TO THE RAILROAD,
AND ON July 1, 1887, THE LINE WAS
LEASED TO SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD.
DEDICATED JUNE 14, 1980
MOUNTAIN CHARLIE CHAPTER No. 1850
E CLAMPUS VITUS

"RIGHT WRONGS NOBODY"

 Victorian Bar

This plaque is located next to the
tracks at the southwest corner of
E. Campbell and Railroad Avenues
City of Campbell.
Santa Clara County, CA.

WARNING: Fast moving VTA Light Rail Trains do not stop here.
For your safety, keep away from the nearby tracks.

GPS
  South Pacific  
  Coast Railroad  
WGS84 Datum
N 37.28699°
W 121.94215°




[ Hand pointing left. ] Return to PLAQUE MENU.
[ Hand pointing left. ] Return to MAIN MENU.