|SANTA CLARA DEPOT|
Members of Mountain Charlie No.|
1850, E Clampus Vitus, commend the South Bay
Historical Railroad Society for their volunteer
efforts in restoring the Santa Clara Depot.
Constructed in 1863 for the San Francisco and
San Jose Railroad, it is the oldest continuously
operating railroad depot in the State of California.
The South Bay Historical Railroad Society was
founded in 1985 to rehabilitate this structure
and establish a museum and library dedicated
to the preservation of railroad history.
Recognition of the support and assistance to
the restoration effort is given to the following:
County of Santa Clara
City of Santa Clara
California Conservation Corps
Five Counties Area Apprentice Painters/Tapers
Dedicated and placed October 13, 1990 by
Mountain Charlie Chapter No. 1850
E Clampus Vitus
"Right Wrongs Nobody"