ECV1850 Plaque:
Hayes Mansion


[Photo of plaque.]


[Photo of plaque.]


[Photo of Hayes Mansion.]


HAYES MANSION
JAY ORLEY AND EVERIS A. HAYES BUILT THIS MISSION RE-
VIVAL STYLE MANSION, DESIGNED BY GEORGE W. PAGE IN
1904. THE HAYES BROTHERS WERE EARLY SAN JOSE MERCURY
PUBLISHERS, PROMINENT VALLEY POLITICIANS, AND WERE
ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN ESTABLISHING THE SANTA CLARA
VALLEY FRUIT INDUSTRY. THE MANSION CONSISTS OF 62
ROOMS, 11 FIREPLACES, AND WAS PANELED IN OVER A
DOZEN DIFFERENT WOODS.

CALIFORNIA REGISTERED HISTORICAL LANDMARK No. 888

ORIGINALLY REGISTERED DECEMBER 29, 1975. PLAQUE PLA-
CED BY THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECRE-
ATION IN COOPERATION WITH THE STELLA B. GROSS CHAR-
ITABLE TRUST AND MOUNTAIN CHARLIE CHAPTER No. 1850,
E CLAMPUS VITUS. APRIL 19, 1986.

 Victorian Bar

SAN JOSE
HISTORIC
LANDMARK

HAYES MANSION
MISSION REVIVAL
STYLE MANSION
DESIGNED BY
GEORGE W. PAGE
IN 1904.
PURCHASED BY THE
CITY OF SAN JOSE
IN 1984
DEDICATED BY
STELLA GROSS TRUST
AND MT. CHARLIE
CHAPTER, ECV.

 Victorian Bar

THIS PROPERTY
HAYES MANSION
HAS BREEN PLACED ON THE
NATIONAL REGISTER
OF HISTORIC PLACES
BY THE UNITED STATES
DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
DEDICATED APRIL 19, 1986 BY STELLA
B. GROSS CHARITABLE TRUST AND
MOUNTAIN CHARLIE CHAPTER No. 1850


 Victorian Bar

The three plaques are located
at the main entrance to
The Hayes Mansion
200 Edenvale Avenue.
San Jose.
Santa Clara County, CA.

GPS
  Hayes Mansion  
WGS84 Datum
N 37.26302°
W 121.81951°




[ Hand pointing left. ]Return to PLAQUE MENU.
[ Hand pointing left. ]Return to MAIN MENU.