ECV1850 Plaque:
The Hauck House
(Cottage No.5)


[ B&W photo of house wide. ]


[ Color photo of house wide. ]


[ Photo of plaque closeup. ]


THE HAUCK HOUSE
CASA NUESTRA OR COTTAGE #5
 
BUILT BY BARRON, FORBES & COMPANY IN THE
LATE 1840'S, THIS COTTAGE IS ONE OF SEVERAL
HOUSES WITH A BRICK BASEMENT. INDIVIDUALS
WHO RENTED THIS HOUSE INCLUDED WILLIAM
FLEMMING, JOHN MARR, GEORGE GANGER, AND
THOMAS BARRETT.

THEODORE S. SHAW, A SCHOOLTEACHER AND
JUSTICE OF THE PEACE ALSO LIVED HERE, AS
WELL AS FRED P. HAUCK, SR., WHO SERVED AS
TREASURER OF THE NEW ALMADEN COMPANY
FROM 1915 - 1930. THE BRICK SIDEWALK WAS
CONSTRUCTED SO THAT CHILDREN COULD WALK
TO HACIENDA SCHOOL WITHOUT MUDDYING
THEIR SHOES.
DEDICATED MAY 15, 2005
BY MIKE AND DORENE BOULLARD.

SPONSORED BY
THE NEW ALMADEN QUICKSILVER
COUNTY PARK ASSOCIATION &
MOUNTAIN CHARLIE CHAPTER #1850,
E CLAMPUS VITUS

"RIGHT WRONGS NOBODY"

[ Victorian Bar ]

This plaque is located at
21506 Almaden Road.
New Almaden, CA.

Note: This house is private property.
Please do not disturb the residents.

GPS
  The Hauck House  
WGS84 Datum
N 37.17750°
W 121.82133°




[ Hand pointing left. ] Return to PLAQUE MENU.
[ Hand pointing left. ] Return to MAIN MENU.