ECV1850 Plaque:
Hamilton House


[Photo of plaque wide.]


[Photo of plaque.]


[Photo of plaque.]


[Photo of NRHP plaque.]


HAMILTON HOUSE
IN 1882 CAPTAIN JAMES A. HAMILTON
PURCHASED 21 ACRES OF ORCHARDS AND
BUILT THIS QUEEN ANNE FARMHOUSE FOR
HIS FAMILY. JAMES A. HAMILTON WAS
BORN IN 1826 IN PORTAGE CITY, OHIO,
AND HE LEFT HOME AT THE AGE OF 18 TO
BECOME A SAILOR. HIS FIRST POSITION
WAS OUT OF NEW YORK ON THE WHALING
SHIP "ITALY." IN 1854 HE BECAME "MAS-
TER OF VESSEL" AND SERVED ABOARD THE
"SHEFFIELD," "ITALY," AND "REPUBLIC." HE
LATER WAS PROMOTED TO CAPTAIN, AND
SERVED ABOARD THE "EMONA F. HERRIMAN."
THE "CHARLES W. MORGAN" BECAME THE
MOST NOTEWORTHY OF HIS SHIPS, FAMOUS
FOR CARRYING THE LARGEST AMOUNT OF
WHALE BLUBBER IN A SINGLE VOYAGE.
DEDICATED MAY 18, 1984 BY STEVE AND
LUCILE BIRKELAND AND THE MOUNTAIN
CHARLIE CHAPTER No. 1850 E CLAMPUS
VITUS.
"RIGHT WRONGS NOBODY"

 Victorian Bar

THIS PROPERTY
CAPTAIN JAMES A. HAMILTON
HOUSE
HAS BEEN PLACED ON THE
NATIONAL REGISTER
OF HISTORIC PLACES
BY THE UNITED STATES
DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR

 Victorian Bar

These plaques are located at:
2295 South Bascom Avenue.
Campbell.
Santa Clara County, CA

GPS
  Hamilton House  
WGS84 Datum
N 37.28167°
W 121.93195°




Hand pointing left Return to PLAQUE MENU.
Hand pointing left Return to MAIN MENU.