ECV1850 Plaque:
Gubserville


[ Photo of plaque wide. ]


[ Photo of plaque wide. ]


[ Photo of plaque closeup. ]


GUBSERVILLE
NAMED AFTER FRANK GUBSER, A GERMAN IMMIGRANT AND
BARBER, GUBSERVILLE WAS AN IMPORTANT STAGE, MAIL,
AND TEAMSTER STOP ON THE ROAD BETWEEN SAN JOSE
AND SARATOGA. GUBSER SERVED AS THE VILLAGE'S FIRST
AND ONLY POSTMASTER, BEGINNING JULY 15, 1882. GUBSERVILLE
CEASED TO EXIST OFFICIALLY WHEN THE POST OFFICE
WAS DISCONTINUED ON APRIL 15, 1897.

CALIFORNIA REGISTERED HISTORICAL LANDMARK No. 447

ORIGINALLY REGISTERED NOVEMBER 2, 1949. PLAQUE PLACED
BY THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION IN
COOPERATION WITH ALAN R. AND DAVID R. PINN and MOUN-
TAIN CHARLIE CHAPTER No. 1850 E CLAMPUS VITUS.
APRIL 19, 1986

 Victorian Bar

This plaque is located at
1485 Saratoga Avenue.
San Jose.
Santa Clara County, CA.

Just north of the Westgate Shopping Center
on the west side of the road.

GPS
  Gubserville  
WGS84 Datum
N 37.29570°
W 121.98771°




[ Hand pointing left. ] Return to PLAQUE MENU.
[ Hand pointing left. ] Return to MAIN MENU.