ECV1850 Plaque:
Goodrich Quarry



[ Photo of exposed rock. ]


[ Photo of plaque wide. ]


[ Photo of plaque wide. ]


[ Photo of plaque closeup. ]


GOODRICH QUARRY
ON THE HILLSIDE NORTH OF THIS PLAQUE,
ONLY THE SCARS REMAIN TO MARK THE SPOT
WHERE THE BROWN STONE WAS QUARRIED FOR
SAN JOSE HALL OF JUSTICE, POST OFFICE, ST.
MARY'S CHURCH, ORIGINAL BUILDINGS OF
STANFORD UNIVERSITY, AND CARSON CITY
MINT. THIS SMALL STRUCTURE, KNOWN AS
THE PFEIFFER HOUSE, WAS BUILT
FROM QUARRIED ROCK AROUND 1875 AND
USED FOR FOOD AND TOOL STORAGE.
DEDICATED JUNE 10, 1978
MOUNTAIN CHARLIE CHAPTER NO.1850
E CLAMPUS VITUS

"RIGHT WRONGS NOBODY"

 Victorian Bar

Plaque located at the corner of
Greystone Lane and Pfeiffer Ranch Road.
San Jose.
Santa Clara County, CA.

This plaque is visible behind a chain-link fence
on Santa Clara Valley Water District property.

From Almaden Expressway, turn north-east on Camden Avenue.
Turn left onto Greystone Lane, go 0.1 mile.
The plaque is on the north-east side of the bridge at the
intersection of Greystone Lane and Pfeiffer Ranch Road.

GPS
  Goodrich Quarry  
WGS84 Datum
N 37.22264°
W 121.85048°




[ Hand pointing left. ] Return to PLAQUE MENU.
[ Hand pointing left. ] Return to MAIN MENU.