ECV1850 Plaque:
Ferron Academy
(Utah)


[ Photo of plaque closeup. ]


FERRON ACADEMY
THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH ENTERED UTAH TER-
RITORY AND EXPANDED RAPIDLY BETWEEN 1869
AND 1883. AROUND 1911, THEY ERECTED THIS
BUILDING AS THE FERRON WASATCH ACADEMY,
ONE OF THE FORTY SUCH INSTITUTIONS IN UTAH.
THESE PRIVATE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS LED
TO THE ESTABLISHMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION
IN UTAH. IT REMAINED A CHURCH AND SCHOOL
UNTIL 1942 WHEN IT WAS SOLD TO THE FERRON
AMERICAN LEGION POST No. 42. IT IS IN USE
TODAY AS A CENTER FOR COMMUNITY ACTIV-
ITIES.
DEDICATED JULY 12, 1986
UTAH OUTPOST
MOUNTAIN CHARLIE CHAPTER No. 1850
E CLAMPUS VITUS

 Victorian Bar

Plaque is located at the
American Legion Hall.
Ferron.
Emory County, Utah

GPS*
  Ferron  
(Utah)
WGS84 Datum
N 39.08936°
W 111.13220°
*Approximate




[ Hand pointing left. ] Return to PLAQUE MENU.
[ Hand pointing left. ] Return to MAIN MENU.