ECV1850 Plaque:
Alviso


[ Photo of plaque.]


[ Photo of plaque.]


[ Photo of plaque.]


ALVISO
... KNOWN AS EL EMBARCADERO DE
SANTA CLARA IN PRE-AMERICAN DAYS.
... WAS THE PORT OF ENTRY FOR SAN
JOSE PRIOR TO THE COMING OF THE
RAILROAD. ...SURVEYED AND PLATTED
BY C. S. LYMAN IN 1849.
...INCORPORATED IN 1852.

THIS STRUCTURE, BUILT IN 1896 BY
THE SOUTH BAY YACHT CLUB, IS ONE
OF THE OLDER BUILDINGS IN THE
ALVISO AREA.
 
DEDICATED OCTOBER 8, 1977,
MOUNTAIN CHARLIE CHAPTER
No.1850
E CLAMPUS VITUS

"RIGHT WRONGS NOBODY"

 Victorian Bar

This plaque is located at the
South Bay Yacht Club
1491 Hope Street
at the corner of Catherine Street.
Alviso.
Santa Clara County, CA.

GPS
  Alviso  
WGS84 Datum
N 37.42683°
W 121.97906°




[ hand pointing left. ] Return to PLAQUE MENU.
[ hand pointing left. ] Return to MAIN MENU.